This post contains Amazon Affiliated Links.
Have you ever been to The Halal Guys? Their flagship location started as a small cart on the corner of 53rd and 6th. It quickly gained fame for their white sauce and hot sauce. Lines would be around the corner from open till 4am. To be honest, it’s worth the wait in any weather at anytime for a chicken (or lamb) platter or gyro! Slowly, they started expanding to brick and mortars, opening doors all over the world! Thankfully, we live just twenty minutes from one now. Yes, we’ve got their loyalty card and a fridge full of extra sauce packets. Instead of throwing it away, we decided that we would start cooking with it (or at least with the hot sauce).
This month, join me as I post recipes while cooking with The Halal Guys hot sauce. I’ve got vegetarian, seafood, and chicken recipes. I can’t wait to share with you how I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen with this special ingredient!
Clap your hands if you like spicy food! We looooooooove it. I’m not talking about the out of control, can’t feel my tongue, doesn’t have any taste besides spice spicy. I’m talking about the flavorful but slightly intoxicating spice. That’s why we have guacamole with a secret ingredient: The Halal Guys hot sauce. My mouth is just watering thinking about this recipe!
4 ripe avocados
1 jalapeno (with the seeds)
1/2 medium onion
1/2 tsp tellicherry pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP The Halal Guys hot sauce
1. Cut and remove pits of avocado. Empty into mixing bowl.
2. In your Vidalia, on the smallest setting, chop jalapeno and 1/2 medium onion.
3. Add in onion, jalapeno, both salts, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix with Avocado mixer.
4. Add in The Halal Guys hot sauce and mix thoroughly with spoon.
5. Serve with chips and be prepared to be blown away!
1. This recipe is NOT for people who cannot handle or don’t like spicy food. The level of spice in The Halal Guys hot sauce is not for your everyday Joe Schmoe. Don’t try this if you can’t handle the heat!
2. You can add tomatoes if you’d like. We don’t because ew, gross.
We started having this as a snack after dinner when we’re up late, networking. It’s quick, easy, healthy, and spicy. You have got to try this! What are some of your secret ingredients for amazing guacamole?