Guys, this is real restaurant quality stuff right here. This chole recipe only has NINE ingredients and tastes ahhhhmazing!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
1 can of chickpeas
1 medium onion
1 large tomato
1 1/2 TSP grated ginger
3 cloves garlic
1/4 TSP turmeric powder
1 TBSP green chili paste (see instructions here. equivalent to 5 green chilies)
1/2 TSP salt (add more to taste)
1 TBSP kitchen king masala
Serves 4 adults
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. The casing might fall off and that’s completely okay!
- Dice tomatoes and onions in to big chunks.
- Cut garlic cloves in half.
- In a heated pan with 2 TBSP of oil (olive oil or canola should suffice), add in onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, chili paste, and kitchen king masala. Stir around for one minute.
- Add in 3 TBSP of water to make sure the spices are being mixed properly. This should create a paste-like consistency. Let this simmer for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes and onions are tender.
- Put it into a blender and blend on medium until everything is in liquid form. If there is a chunk or two of garlic or onion, that’s okay!
- Add the sauce back to the heated pan and add in the chickpeas.
- Let this simmer on low for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Half of this meal can be made without green chili and kitchen king masala for kids. This will serve 2 adults and 2 kids.
- Ginger and garlic can be substituted in paste version or vice-versa. Tastes the same either way.
- Oil and water are not included as ingredients. My bad.